[ I know Booth will, so I'll go ahead and blame 'W'... ;-) ]

DHS has /not/ yet secured our borders, and under pressure from the
president, they recently stopped prosecuting many deportation cases.

Since they suck so bad at enforcing immigration, now they /are/ trying to
enforce copyright laws:

Over the weekend, the U.S. government's war on piracy took an Orwellian
turn. Without any notice, the Department of Homeland Security Immigration
and Customs Enforcement office seized nearly 80 domains for copyright and
trademark violations including Torrent-Finder.com...