http://www.av-comparatives.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=144&Itemid=152Check
the most recent Retrospective & On-Demand reports. Looks like they
did pretty good.

There are lots of AV products that aren't in their tests that might also be
good solutions, including Sunbelt Software's Vipre (
http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/ ) which a friend of mine highly recommends.

http://www.windowssecrets.com/reviews/ reviews the reviews; they don't test
themselves. Different conclusions. Rating security packages is interesting
because the folks doing the testing all have different aspects that they
focus on so while Brand A might do well in one test, they may be only
mid-pack in another.

Considerations:
1. It's a small business solution. How many machines are you looking to
deploy?
2. Do you want or need a product with a management console or will each
machine be essentially independent?
3. Site license desired or buy seats as needed?
4. What features are needed, what are wanted (AV, anti-spyware/anti-malware,
IDS/IPS, anti-spam, firewall, app white/blacklisting, ad blocking, etc.)?
5. Most, if not all, free products are licensed as free for home use only.
In order to not violate those terms you're looking at a paid product.
6. No one product is perfect. Best is to have added tools available in case
something gets by. For instance, I've mentioned SuperAntiSpyware, and
MalwareBytes before but always in the context of added protection beyond the
base security product (from whatever vendor). Add Secunia's PSI and
CCleaner as a general cleanup tool; run it periodically as you would Defrag.
7. When discussing PC security, is backup a consideration? None of these
work for that but SOHOs often don't back up often enough.
http://www.acronis.com/ has good stuff for small environments.

My employer uses McAfee's products. Their ePO administrative console
provides a lot of tools for a large shop. But it's most likely overkill for
a small business. Support techs have other tools to supplement as needed,
and the philosophy is different in that a wipe/reload isn't "expensive" from
a time/productivity standpoint.

Personally, my family's needs aren't that robust. I mostly use either the
free or paid versions of AVG + the tools in item 6 as needed. As needed
means PSI & CCleaner roughly monthly and the anti-malware tools rarely, like
maybe once a year.