On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 20:36, Bill <brobins3d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lukas Beeler wrote:
This means you have VL media.
Was wondering whether Volume License was literal or not.

In that case, yes. But i'll agree that licensing was extremely
confusing on XP/2003. Most of this was fixed in Vista/2008 and up
(there's only one media).

I have both media and license. ÂBoth were unopened and located in what
seems to be the original System Builder box. ÂEverything looks above
board, unless their selling a System Builder version as an OEM version
is misleading.

Many people refer to SBE licenses as OEM. What Microsoft means with
OEM is those that they sell to HP, DELL and similar large companies.
They don't come with any media.

With a Volume License key, what should the proper media be? ÂAt this
point I'm still not sure I have an argument.

This is the listing page (he's raised the price):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280503751299

This is what the box looked like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=270580670717

This looks like an SBE license. Do you have a shiny, golden CD ROM?

It should look like the bottom one in this picture:
http://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/2008/07_w30/44382/media.jpg

It should also be reflecting, and change the picture slightly in
different angles of light.

The contents of the setupp.ini would be interesting in this case.

I'm not sure what's wrong: It sounds like you have bought a legitimate
license (right name, right packaging, sealed, media and sticker) but
it doesn't work.