I'll vouch that Windows Easy Transfer works very good. The first time I
knew of it's use is when I told a non-computer friend of mine after
discovering it. He used it to migrate old to new laptops.

Then I used it to reinstall my laptop from Win 7 32b RC to Win 7 64bit
Release.

And then to move my wife from XP to a new Win 7 box.

All where flawless. The hardest part is re-installing apps.

Bob Crothers
www.BJsBariatrics.Com
“The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we
miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.”
- Michelangelo