SpinRite is worth a shot ... http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm Costs
about $90, money back guaranteed. I have used it to recover from similar
problems.

I suggest that you back up your work files to a server at work. Use Stomp,
or use a simple Robocopy script. At that point, having several iterations
becomes that admin's problem.

---------
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx