All,

We have 2 Linksys WAP54G wireless access points, each with a WAPPOE12 Power
Over Ethernet ("POE") for power. Both in place for 2 years or so.

Recently, one of them quit working. By swapping cables, injectors,
splitters, etc, I determined it was a WAPPOE12 splitter that was failing. I
ordered a new WAPPOE12 from Amazon (kit always has both injector and
splitter) and the splitter in it was defective. So I got a replacement from
Amazon and THAT splitter was also defective. Opened a chat with Linksys
support - they were unaware of any recalls, defective batches, etc.

So I returned that one to Amazon and ordered one from CDW, thinking, OK, if
there is a bad batch out there, maybe ordering from elsewhere will help.
THAT splitter was defective also! I opened a support call with CDW,
thinking maybe they had better access to Linksys than what I could get from
the Linksys website. CDW also suggested upgrading the AP to the latest
firmware, which I did. No help.

I have a single splitter that works, says it's v1.1. That splitter works on
both AP. All 3 new ones that don't work say they're v1.2, and they don't
work on either AP. I have swapped everything in my testing. This includes
the APs, the ethernet cables, the injectors (both old and new), and even
switches (one is a Linksys switch). No matter how I set it up, it works
with the old splitter that didn't take a powder, but none of the 3 new
splitters.

I opened an actual official support call with Linksys. They said the
electrical specs of v1.1 and v1.2 are identical, so that should make no
difference.

Over the weekend, I got a VM and email from Linksys from a "Case Manager
with Customer Advocacy". He is to call back today. He's on west coast
time, so it might be a while.

Anyone got an idea? Seen the same thing?

Why me? <g>