From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Buck
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:12 AM
To: pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Why require CTRL+ALT+DEL for XP sigon

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:

We might focus a bit on power consumption as electricity is rather
heavily taxed here in Scandinavia. Is that an issue for you in the US?

Our company asked (not policy, no arm twisting) people to save
electricity by putting their PCs in sleep mode when they go home at
night. The latest estimate is that we will save about a hundred
thousand dollars this year if people continue to do this.

Aside from that, my work and home Windows PCs are on the 4 week Windows
update-may-require-a-reboot-and-always-does cycle.
--buck