From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of John Jones
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:53 AM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Any problems with IE 8?

IE8 has been out as a general release for about 6 months and was
available
for beta testing for months prior to that. While 6+ months may not be
enough time to update their app to run nicely in the new browser, they
should be working on it and should be able to give you a date at which
time
IE8 would be fully supported.

Has the app been tried using Compatibility View?
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/08/27/introducing-compatibility-vi
ew.aspx

And with the whole .NET thing, it sounds like they're looking for
something
to blame beyond their app when in reality the app has bugs they haven't
exterminated. I think Chuck has it right: The vendor has work to do.

I use Firefox mostly but have updated all of the machines I touch to IE8
with no problems at all. Does the app run in non-IE browsers?