Heh, agreed ;-)

Norm Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Tuesday, 28 July 2009 5:50 AM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Excel 2007 numeric converted to date format

IMNSHO, it's not so much as Excel being "over-helpful" as it is that
Microsoft knows much better than you what the data is supposed to
represent. Don't like what Microsoft has decided it should be? Tough....
you know. Eventually you'll figure out how to override the "wisdom of
Redmond", but any notion of a user-intuitive application should be thrown
out the Window. (Pun not originally intended, but now that I see it... <g>)

Just my 2¢.
- Dan