On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 19:52, Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We're looking for the functionality of Exchange w/Outlook. ÂThe vendor who

Then get a hosted Exchange offering - nothing else will give you that
functionality. If you just have a few employees, this can be pretty
cheap. Google Apps Premier is a really bad choice if you want to have
Exchange/Outlook functionality.

It really depends on the size of your company, it's needs, the number
of people employeed and the number of people working in IT and the
knowledge they have about Windows infrastructure.

I don't know anything about Hosted Exchange offerings in the US - they
cost about 15 - 40 US$ a month per mailbox here, so it's quite a bit
more expensive than Google Apps Premier.

If you have less than 50 People at your company, look at Microsoft's
Small Business Server offering. Comes with Exchange. 1000$ for the
Server including 5 Users. 600$ for 5 additional Users. Includes all of
the big Exchange functionality, only requires a single machine, a
fully integrated solution.

If you have more people, it gets more expensive. Also, Microsoft's
licensing is not all you need to pay, and finding out which is the
best solution for you is not easy. If you have on-site personnel with
Microsoft skills, an on-premise solution is probably a lot more
flexible, but if you want to do it right it won't be cheap. If you
don't have any personnel with Microsoft skills, Hosting is probably
the better option than running an internal setup which noone
understands.