Bob Crothers wrote:
You should give Chrome a try. One neat feature that I really like is you
can drag a tab into a new window. Especialy nice with dual monitors. The
other think I like about Chrome is that it is very clean. Pretty much
a minimalist approach to browsing. Kind of like an iPod Shuffle vs an
iTouch.

Bob:

Like pretty much everyone else, I use FF essentially exclusively, with the rare exception of IE-only pages/sites. I can't recall the last crash of FF, though it has crashed from time to time -- once every 4-6 months? Of course, I update to latest releases often and expect crashes when trying "latest & greatest".

BTW, FF allows drag/drop of tabs onto other windows. I'd never tried it until seeing your comment about Chrome, so thought I'd give it a try. I'm running W2K Pro for a little while longer.

The two main sites I use are gmail and then the designer for my eCommerce
site (Still tweaking, but it is up and ready and capable of taking orders:
www.bjsdiscountsoftware.com ). Gmail does crash it daily. But the designer
crashes it hourly (or more). MSIE or Chrome dont ever crash it. Also seems
to be associated with the number of open windows and tabs.

Gmail has never caused a problem for me in FF. Obviously, some eCommerce site may cause trouble for any browser -- it will always depend on site coding. A 'designer' would seem even more likely to cause trouble unless it was very thoroughly tested against multiple browsers.

Regardless, the _very first_ thing I'd dump would be _any_ Yahoo add-ons or extensions (or applications or anything else from Yahoo). Not far behind in second place would be the Google cra... uh... stuff. I made the mistake of not noticing a Google add-on being installed once. Never again. Just "IMO". I like Google as a web search site, but not embedded in any browser. IIRC, it was a java update that slipped it past my notice.

I should have kept a journal of what it took to get all traces (that I could find) of that Google mess out of the PC that was unfortunate enough to have it inflicted upon it. Would've made a decent article.

Tom Liotta