Update:

I Bought the Slingbox Pro HD this weekend. This device is /very/ cool.

From my laptop PC I can now select between three different devices attached
to the Slingbox and switch between and control them via an on-screen remote
control. I currently have my Time Warner Digital cable box and my
USB-capable DVD player connected to it.

My only criticism right now is that their software could be a little easier
to use when configuring the Slingbox device. I think I found several bugs
while setting it up, particularly when setting up the internet viewing
option, which attempts to log in to your router and automatically make
changes. I had no joy while performing this step from my wireless laptop,
and my son finally got it working from his wired desktop computer.

Thankfully, we didn't have to contact Sling support (yet) - but I'm guessing
that they are in Bangalore...

I haven't used it remotely yet, but I had my other son (in the Dallas area)
connect to it remotely via his laptop with a tethered 3G phone, and he
indicated that it was watchable. A friend in Fort Worth also connected to
it using the Apple version of the Sling player software and indicated that
it was also watchable from his PC.

It will be cool to be able to watch all of my cable channels (including
premium ones) remotely with this device, or watch a movie remotely while my
wife is watching it at home on the DVD player.

(Of course, it would be much cooler if I was working in Austin and could be
at home in the evenings, but at least I have a job...)

- sjl