I just reloaded an X225-8649 system after a disk failure and had
everything better than before. See thread "*Long Post* Help avoid plan E
(windows server 2003 DR)?"

Then today I got a call that the system was beeping and the screen was
off. The system error light was on and it was beeping a 3-3-3 pattern.
The documentation CD didn't list that pattern and a Google search didn't
show a match. The closest from Google was for an X225-8647 or a NAS 225.
Both of which said it indicated it meant "no memory found." So I tried
reseating the memory chips but no changes.

Does the 8647 documentation also apply to the 8649?

There is a large label inside the cover that indicates there are 10
error LEDs. However we couldn't find any lit. Also, again the 8647
online shows the location of these LEDs but the 8649 page has a section
for them but doesn't point out their location as the 8647 does.

Does it seem reasonable that both DIMs would completely fail at once? I
know that it is dual channel but thought that with only one DIM it would
still have enough capability to get to a post screen and complain more
user friendly.

I will dig out some other PC2700 512MB DIMS to try on Monday but if they
don't work can we load the hot-swap SCSI drives in a new system and be
able to access them? Or does the RAID 5 implementation depend on the
specific controller?

I am getting a sinking feeling that this 5 year old system is going to
cost $25. As in what the land fill charges to take it from business users.

Roger