Booth,

Can I hook a 32" TV up to my PC as the PC's monitor?

That depends on the TV. Or at least how you do it, and if you like the way
it looks, depends on the TV.

There may be some HDTV's with DVI-D inputs in which case it should be
obvious. More likely it will have a HDMI input. In that case you can use a
DVI-D to HDMI cable and still get a digital signal from the PC to the TV.
HDMI is nothing more than DVI-D combined with pins for the sound too, and
(depending on the age of the HDMI logic) possibly DCHP compliance. So using
a DVI-D to HDMI cable just gives you the full digital video but no sound.

If the TV has neither DVI nor HDMI, then it may have a VGA connector. In
that case you can treat it like an analog monitor and hook it up that way.

If it doesn't have that, you can either use a video card with S-Video out,
or use any number of converter options. If you look for a converter, pay
real close attention to the direction of the converter. Expect to pay
around $35 for a VGA to S-Video / composite converter on ebay. But make
sure you get the VGA to S-Video converter, and not the S-Video to VGA
converter (which you would use to hook up a DVD player to a computer
monitor, for example).

Find out the native resolution of your TV (eg 1366x768) and use it or you
probably won't be happy with the picture.