There was a session at COMMON in Nashville about a company in Alaska that put their docuemntation on a wiki. Handouts are available on the web if you attended. Summary is below along with info about the presenter.

Overview of Wiki's Explanation of Use/Editing & Tips

Speaker(s):Drew Dekreon
Drew Dekreon Drew is currently a Senior Business Systems Analyst with a major transportation company and an adjunct professor at the University of Alaska.

Documentation got you down? You need to Wiki! This session will get you started on implementing a wiki to replace manuals, logs, and desk procedure notebooks. Overview of Wikis. Using/ editing and tips for successful implementation. Take advantage of wiki extensions for graphics and trees. Step-by-step guide to installing/ running a Wiki-on-a-Stick and setting up a zero-cost Wiki at your site. From one-man bands to large departments, a wiki may be exactly the solution you've been looking for. Did I mention zero-cost? hth,

Dave B

<Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 05/27/08 2:27 PM >>>

After some discussions in our group about documentation and how to's, I got the idea that it might be helpful to create a wiki site for our internal documentation. I have done some Google searching but all I seem to find is hosting sites. I would really like to host it internally. Can someone point me in the right direction to get something like this started?

Rick Chevalier
<<Chevalier, Rick.vcf>>