I expect that the real problem was that the reboot question was asked via a
msgbox as opposed to a form. If you decide to use a message box it's pretty
hard to control this behaviour - the alternative is to use a form, but even
then you've got to make the form modal ... in summary it's not easy;
sometimes the Windows interface thing feels like it just takes over and
coding around it is akin to cracking a peanut with a steam powered
sledgemhammer.

I can understand a poor trade-off being made for a step in an installer
("they'll only do it once, right ?") but don't agree that it's a good
choice.

In terms of distributing anything to be installed on Windows you really,
really want to use an installer product rather rolling your own. At the very
least because users running installs are comfortable with the paradigm. The
installer products I have used generally allow you to specify the need for a
reboot on the last screen on the "Installation is complete" panel - a much
better way of doing it in my opinion.

Incidentally the worst case (in reverse) I have seen of a focus issue is the
request for the SST signon issued by Operations Console. The text on the
Operations Console changes to "Pending Authorization" but the password
window stays hidden BEHIND the connection panel so you can't see it. Sheer
Genius.

Regards
Evan Harris