Joe Pluta wrote:
Actually, this isn't a For Sale posting.

Ah, I didn't pick up on that.

I'm just wondering if the basic idea is of interest to our community.
I'm one of those strange people who thinks a phone should be a phone;
I don't have any desire to hold a PC up to my ear (or to have one of
those Borg implants).

Remind me to show you my new iPhone :)

I used to think as you do ... but after playing around with an iPhone a
bit, I really like it (http://www.geekyramblings.org/2008/03/16/iphone/).

Mind you I don't use the camera that much, but the email, browser, maps,
etc, are getting to be darn useful.

At the same time, laptops are not always the best solution. So while
I was looking for a Linux desktop machine to play with and at the
same time trying to find a better traveling PC, I ran across the ASUS
Eee PC, and I'm hooked.

I had thought about getting one of the really small notebooks, but decided against it. I usually travel with my laptop ... I need a boat load of storage for pictures and like to have the full capability when I need it. Even remoting into a desktop isn't sufficient.

On a side note, I would really like to find an inexpensive tablet computer that I can mount on a wall in the kitchen. It would be nice to have a convenient interface into google calendars, a notepad app, a recipe manager, and maybe a news feed easily accessible.

david