Crossposting to PC-Tech, further replies there.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> cue pointless Vista bashing without a single real argument.
> Vista bashing - all the cool kids are doing it.
No, just businesses.
http://www.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?ref=g_search&id=548509

Can't access it.

http://software.silicon.com/os/0,39024651,39169209,00.htm

New OS requires new hardware. Same as Model 270 owners complaining
that they can't run V6R1. Rightfully so. It's okay to displace old
hardware.

http://www.crn.com/software/204802173

I know several big enterprises that just upgraded to XP a few years
back. They're slow to adopt to the market.

http://www.cutimes.com/section/technology/36815

Well, not much to argue about in there.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/andrewkantor/2007-03-02-vista-problems_N.htm

This guy had some problems and most of them came from the fact that he
used software that wasn't compatible with Windows Vista, e.G. Backup
Software that still didn't understand junctions. Junctions have been
part of Windows since 2000. Vista started using that technology.

You run into the same problem when running certain legacy applications
(compiled before V5R1 with specific flags) on V6R1.

I could go through a litany of problems, but it seems that as much as
you want to bash i5/OS and its advocates, you're completely unwilling to
take a hard look at your own OS of choice.

Windows is just one of the platforms i work with and the one i'm using
on our corporate desktops. Which OS are you using for your corporate
desktops?

I have learned that using Windows isn't as trivial as Microsoft
Marketing wants you to think and especially the latest article showed
that quite clearly.