Hello Tom,

The only issue I have ever had with Thunderbird is the lack of
an export function. there is no way, if you decide to change, to
export your mail or settings. That doesn't enage my comfort
level appropriately... ;-)

Mike wrote:
Okay you Thuderbird advocates, how does it perform with a large number of
IMAP items (like from Gmail) after a couple months on more than one account?
I have been using Outlook, but the performance is starting to go downhill. I
am guessing the number of cached items has something to do with that (and
apparently, you can't clear it).

Is there any reason you can't simply install it and try it? Only
thing I can think of that might be a problem is assigning a default
mail program. Otherwise, you should be able to run both side by side
to see which works best for you. ...At least, it seems that way to me.

I've had very few issues with Thunderbird. I have folders with
thousands of items in this particular account with no performance
drags. IBM laptop right now, 900Mhz, 500KB, 20GB drive with 5.55GB
free. On my desktop at home, much bigger/faster, there are zero issues.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.