Booth Martin wrote:
I am using Vonage phone service and am pleased with it in most ways.

I want to use the line for dial-out to an AS/400 and it is abysmal. The
regular dial-out on the land line works just fine, but the Vonage line
is low and drops calls regularly.

Is this the nature of the beast, or do I just have a setting wrong? Any
ideas?

Well, you're trying to piggyback a digital signal on a digital signal.

I think it's the nature of the beast. There are special provisions for
fax service on vonage lines ... but I've never looked into that.

david