From: Chuck Lewis

They honestly think that list would not cause some folks major problems ?

No, but I think they're willing to bet that the fact that it will run under
Linux and OS/X is a major selling point. Now, for that to be the case, the
OLE stuff is not going to work, nor are VB macros. If you have office
documents that are tightly integrated into (and thus dependent upon) the
Windows operating system, then moving to a platform-independent office suite
is not really an option for you.

There are lots of offices out there that use Word and Excel and Powerpoint
without those features. But that doesn't mean something else won't trip
them up. For me, the sticker is going to be reviewing. I depend on the
reviewing capabilities in order to pass documents back and forth between me
and my publishers, and currently Symphony doesn't have that.

And also, this is just a beta. Not all the features are in place. But in
the meantime, there are some neat bits: for example, there's a consistent
tabbed interface that allows you to flip between documents, presentations
and spreadsheets. I don't know if MS got that right in Office 2007, but it
still stinks in 2003.

Joe