From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 9:41 AM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Dell laptop with wireless (sometimes)

This is a *duh* answer. There is no need to know why I know this. :)

On my laptop there is a pushbutton on one side which enables/disables
the wireless hardware. If that is not on you will not connect, even if
you try for a month or more. There is a wireless light on the display,
beside the battery light. If its off, the switch is off.

Of course this is not your problem but I have heard that it has confused
some folks.

Steve McKay wrote:
There is no wireless network connection icon. If I go to 'My Network
Places', there is no wireless connection listed - only my wired
connection
from the office. It's like wireless does not become active until you
reboot. As I said, there is a light on the laptop that is illuminated
when
wireless is activated - it doesn't even come on until the 2nd reboot
and
then it comes on with no intervention from me.

Thanks,

Steve

"Shannon ODonnell" <sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message