Jim,

Startup folders very minimal and nothing out of ordinary.
How can I determine where & what this is?

There are several places checked during a (normal) bootup, aside from the
Startup folder. But rather than giving a list of them here, my
recommendation is to use the run command window (i.e. Start -> Run or Win+R
on keyboard) and issue the command:

msconfig /startup

This will bring up a tabbed dialog. The Startup tab will list all the
different things which start, the complete path and filename run, and the
location which causes it to be part of the startup process (such as a
registry entery, .INI file, or startup folder). Each will have a checkbox
you can uncheck to temporarily disable that item. Or using the location
information, you can go remove the thing from the system.

Doug