David Gibbs <pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 15/03/2007 14:48:42:

Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
One big show-stopper would of course be that the host PC can't boot
from
USB.

True, but that would have to be a fairly old PC.  Most modern PC's that
I've seen have that ability.
Yup, the labes says "Shipdate 25/04/2001"

This is the case here at work, the PC they've given me is 6 years old
next
month! Of course, I'm "only a contractor", so why waste a new pc on
me...

Your a CONTRACTor ... put hardware specifications in the CONTRACT. :)

PLI contracted me from a software company, who contracted me from my
employer...
Just to show that I have zero say in the contracts ;-)

and b) my wife would have to go
upstairs to read her mail ;-)

Get your wife her own laptop.  Or, even better, do what I did ... get
yourself a new laptop and give your wife your old laptop.

(my wife poo-pooed the idea of a laptop for the longest time ... until I
gave her my old one [not all that old, really] and now she loves it)

david

Can you say "personal IT budget" and "two kids in school" and
"stay-at-home mom" in one sentence?
I can't without crying...

Peter