*** Flame ***

Well this is a techie forum and you already opened your dumb mouth so why
stop now ? JUST kidding :-) !!!!!!!!!

I know at one time notebook batteries had to be allowed to COMPLETELY
discharge at some point (i.e. let the thing run all the way down) to
recharge again completely. We used a TON of Toshiba notebooks at my previous
employer and these was from Toshiba tech support. It was about 10 years ago
and battery technology has no doubt changed so this might not be the case
anymore.

Otherwise, I would take it back.

A lady at work yesterday was saying she had an HP notebook and her battery
wasn't keeping a very good charge when she was burning DVD's. I'm not sure
if she contacted HP or the place where she bought it, but they told her
burning DVD's or browsing the internet would run the battery down. I told
here burning DVD's might but the other wouldn't anymore then anything else.
They said 20-30 minutes was about right when burning DVD's but what they
could do is sell her a high output battery that would remedy this. I told
her she should have asked them why they didn't put that battery in the
notebook to BEGIN with :-)

Chuck