Hello,

I am working on writing up a password change procedure for a customer.

They have 1 server (an i5 naturally) as the PDC, Domino/Notes and about
25 PCs. No active directory. No SSO. Just the simple network. All users
use the i5 as a file/print server and single point of authentication but
not all use an IAWin session. SSO sounds nice but it would actually make
this site more complex (in total view) rather than simplify.

I have found that they will have to change their password in three
places. PC, Domino/Notes, and the i5 since none of them seem to
automatically change any of the others. Notes says that it will change
the PC's but, in testing it doesn't.

1) Is there another way for the users, that don't normally use IAWin, to
change their i5 Password then to sign on to a session?

2) Where is the best/simplest place to enforce periodic user change of
passwords? It used to be the i5 but when there are users that never log
onto a session there is no place for them to get the notice.

Does anybody know if Microsoft Vista will allow IBM's IPLC to be used?
Or will the EU fair play requirements allow IBM (and will they) to
enhance Netserver to act as a replacement for an Active Directory
without additional software on the PCs?

Thanks.

Roger Vicker, CCP