Using MS Word 2002 SP3 and wondering if it's possible to mark text so that
it always shows on the display, but never prints?  The goal is to provide
instructions to anyone editing the document.  These instructions never need
to print.  Currently, I have this text marked as hidden, which I did by
selecting the text, and clicking Format, Font, then selecting the Hidden
check box.

By default, the option to print hidden text is turned off, and I would be
happy to rely on that to keep the hidden text from printing.

I don't want to have to depend on the user editing the document to have to
know to press the Show/Hide button, which Word's documentation says to use
to hide/unhide "hidden" text.  What is interesting as I am trying to work
through this is that the "hidden" text is _always_ showing, whether or not
the Show/Hide button is used.  Print Preview shows that the text is indeed
hidden.  So, is this a bug or an undocumented feature?  Oh wait, it looks
like there is another option under the View tab, under Formatting marks; if
the "Hidden text" box is checked, hidden text will always display for me.  I
believe this is a user setting, and not a document setting, and IIRC, I
probably changed the default where that box was not checked so that it is
checked.

Is there a way to have a balloon appear if the user floats the cursor
anywhere in the Table of Contents, and be able to specify the text in that
balloon?

TIA,
Dan