This is a maddening thing on two fronts.  One is I always have to ask
myself, "Change?  Did I change something in this document?  If so, what?",
especially if I've had the document open for awhile in the course of my
work.  FWIW, this is Word version 2002 SP3.

The other frustration is when I've got 15 documents open and to close them
all, I have to Ctrl-F4 on each one, and the "Do you want to save your
changes" dialog interrupts the process.  (I've tried Alt-F4 and the red X in
the top right corner, thinking it would close all documents, but it
doesn't.)

The question, "why do you have 15 documents open?" is answered by saying
that I need to print them all, and these documents are in one folder, so,
from Windows Exploder, I select all of the documents that I want to print
and open them there.  I am aware of the right-click context menu that has an
option to Print, and I've clicked OK on the dialog that warns about how slow
it will be to do this, but nothing happens (like after 10 minutes).  So I
have to OPEN each document.

Trying to whip through this as fast as I can, for each document, I press
Ctrl-P (to print), then Ctrl-F4 (to close that document's window), which
normally brings me to the next open document, and I *should* just be able to
repeat that to get through them all.  For whatever reason, some documents
prompt me with the "Do you want to save your changes" dialog even though
I've done nothing, explicitly anyway, to change the document.  (I am aware
that certain document fields, like Save Date which I sometimes print in my
footers, will cause the document to "change", but I've got none of that in
these documents.)

I know, these are all what Microsoft would consider "features", but if
anyone can provide insight and/or advice for this problem, I would be most
appreciative.

TIA,
Dan