If you use cingular, recommend you don't use website for this.  I called,
setup an unlimited plan for 89.99, and later received a bill for $2800.  I
wouldn't have wanted to try to get my bill corrected if I had selected the
plans on the website.  I had the phone reps name and everything to tell them
they had made a mistake.

Sprint is better for this.  IIRC, they don't charge extra for ISP stuff.

Art

On 8/17/06, Ken Sims <mdrg5003@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Dan -

At 08:22 08/17/2006, Dan wrote:
>Researching the cellphone-as-modem options John described last week, I am
>having difficulty finding such a plan for our group's AT&T cellular
>service.  I knew AT&T and SBC are conglomerated now, but is Cingular
>similarly assimilated? (Say that 3 times really fast!)
>
>Anyway, I'm on AT&T's site, and I see options regarding wi-fi hotspots
and
>service to use your cellphone-as-a-browser, but don't see anything
specific
>to cellphone-as-modem services.  Does anyone know what I need to search
for
>or the specific page I should go to?

Cingular acquired AT&T Wireless, so I think you should be looking on the
Cingular site.  But be aware that Cingular is trying to get rid of
technology that AT&T Wireless used.  You'll probably need to switch to a
Cingular plan and new phone(s) to be able to use any advanced
options.  (Personally I'm going to switch to a different provider.)

Ken
http://www.kensims.net/

This is the PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users (PcTech) mailing
list