Hi Dan -

At 08:22 08/17/2006, Dan wrote:
Researching the cellphone-as-modem options John described last week, I am
having difficulty finding such a plan for our group's AT&T cellular
service.  I knew AT&T and SBC are conglomerated now, but is Cingular
similarly assimilated? (Say that 3 times really fast!)

Anyway, I'm on AT&T's site, and I see options regarding wi-fi hotspots and
service to use your cellphone-as-a-browser, but don't see anything specific
to cellphone-as-modem services.  Does anyone know what I need to search for
or the specific page I should go to?

Cingular acquired AT&T Wireless, so I think you should be looking on the Cingular site. But be aware that Cingular is trying to get rid of technology that AT&T Wireless used. You'll probably need to switch to a Cingular plan and new phone(s) to be able to use any advanced options. (Personally I'm going to switch to a different provider.)