Is Automatic Update not reliable?

It's Micro$oft, what do you think?

On 8/10/06, Jim Franz <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thru various web sources (zdnet, etc) MS issued "critical" fixes
Tuesday. Since Tue my desktop did it's automatic updates & prompted me
to reboot. I did. Later (same day)I went to Windows Update site to check
my pc,
and there was the whole list 8 security fixes, including the critical
If Automatic Updates is configured to "download and prompt for reboot",
why would it not get what's out there?
Is Automatic Update not reliable?
I checked with another programmer (diff site) - had same problem.
I run Zone Alarm, he does not...
jim franz
This is the PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users (PcTech) mailing
or email: PcTech-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx