Re: RFC-822 gurus - Do spammers know when we deletetheir mail

fixed

Walden H. Leverich wrote:
So when your email client attempts to "draw" the image it requests that
jpg file which makes a request to the server and that's how they know
you opened it.

Yes, but most modern email clients offer the ability to disable that
functionality until you authorize it.

It's not a function of spam, in general ... but I've seen it quite often
in legitimate commercial email.

david