Re: tape drive recommendations?

fixed

Jones, John (US) wrote:
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php?form_keyword=scsi&topcat_i
d=&adv=1&page_id=10&adv=1&lo_p=0&hi_p=0 shows a refurbed HP DDS3 for
about $125.  That should let you continue to use your existing media.

If I'm going to be spending money on a new tape drive, I might as well
get more capacity.

Personally, if this is more or less for personal use I'd recommend
ditching the SCSI in favor of USB or firewire external hard drive(s) or
perhaps removable ATA drives.  Tape technology just doesn't have a
decent entry price point anymore.

This is for midrange.com's server ... so it's not REALLY personal use.

Although a USB tape drive does have some advantages ... like being able
to move it from machine to machine.

Might be worth considering.

Any suggestions on a USB tape drive?

david