I've got a work-issued IBM Thinkpad T42 with a 1.7GHz Pentium M CPU.  Had an
application cop out because it reported that it required a 1.0GHz or faster
processor.  Open up Control Panel, System, and it's reporting that it's a
1.7GHz processor running at 599MHz!  So, I reboot to open the BIOS, the chip
speed under AC power was set to Automatic, and I change it to Maximum
Performance.  Save and reboot, System is now reporting 1.7GHz and running at
that speed.  Woot.

I find and download CPU-z, just to verify some other things, and am
surprised to see the FSB is only reporting 99.9MHz.  (The Bus Speed is
reporting 399.7MHz.)  Is that a tad low for the FSB?

Since we're using Group 1 Software's DOC1 application, I would like to
maximize performance as this thing is extremely resource hungry.

FWIW, we are *very* well air-conditioned here.  Too cold for my liking,
actually.  So, I'm not concerned about over-heating.

Comments / advice on this topic is very much welcomed!

- Dan