Is it tied to the PC, the mobo, or the hard drive? How much hardware can you upgrade and still claim the license?

Mike wrote:
From what I understand, IANAL, if you have an OEM version of Windows, that
license is tied to that PC for life. If you toss the PC, the license is no
longer any good. If you have a retail version, this gets into a grey area. I
will plead the 5th with what I would do.