Thanks, Vern.
Answering your last questions, the MDB is theirs. They do all the work on it, creating Forms, etc. I'm just helping them on different other subjects, but they asked for help on this specific MDB, linking with Forms, etc
I'll take a look at your suggestions, and see what comes up.
Thanks again,

My feeling on whether to stay in Access is, it depends. You can write full-blown applications with Access that have all the "functions" you want - again, take a look at the samples you get with it, esp. the Northwind one. You can also call functions in a DLL or OCX (ActiveX control) from Access. You just need to add the ActiveX to your project, I think. I see that ActiveX's can be managed from the Tools menu, and what are called references can be added in the VBA editor that is used for modules.

DLLs can be used but are generally more difficult to work with - you have to get all the data types right when you declare them, I don't see a way to do it outside the module VBA editor (haven't tried either). And an OCX takes care of a lot of this kind of thing. Still, it is an extra layer you might not need in either case.

Again, are you in control of what the database is? Do you create the MDB? Are your users adding their own forms, or are you or a developer providing them? You could provide these lookup forms with the database and the users could just call them - make sure to tell them how. Then you have only the one object to distribute (essentially) - the MDB.