From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Antonio Fernandez-Vicenti
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 4:09 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: [PCTECH] Aultra ATA Storage Controller for Win2000

Dear collegues: Two questions:

1- I have a PC with two physical disks on it.
One disk has WinXP PRO installed. Going to Control
Panel->System->Hardware->DeviceAdmin->IDE ATA Storage Controller I see
it is using Ultra ATA Intel 82801EB storage controller and works fine.
Changing boot sequence in BIOS, and selecting the second disk:...
The second disk has Win2000 PRO. Doing same as above, it shows "Standard
dual channel PCI IDE controller" which is supposed to be rather slow...
I'd like to change it to Ultra ATA...
Motherboard is GigaByte GA-8IPE1000MK. Chipset is Intel 865PE.
Searching thru the web and into Intel's support/drivers pages I
downloaded "IntelATA6.2.0_enu.exe" which is supposed to do it since
downloaded from its specific page for Win2000... but when I execute it,
I get an error "not supported" saying it is only supported for the 800
family... and my Chipset is 865PE!
But Intel has discontinued any support (even by email) to this type of
products...

Anybody can tell me how to upgrade in Win2000 the "Standard controller"
to Ultra ATA just as with WinXP?

2- Second question:
One of the devices in same display as above from Control Panel shows a
device "in error" (big yellow question mark "?") but only mentions "PCI
device". I believe it to be a TV Capture card from CONCEPTRONIC
"CTVFMi", but downloaded the driver, installed it without problem, and
still shows in error. If  I delete it and reboot, again is
detected/recreated in error... The drivers from Conceptronic seem to be
of no good for it.
Audio, Video Capture, Multimedia, AC'97, ... everything else is OK ...
Only by saying "PCI device" how can I find out what it is referring to?
There is only this Conceptronic card and the Realtek Ethernet card, and
this is working (I'm using it for my mail and searching thru the web...)
So, what else could this PCI device refer to?

TIA,

--
Antonio Fernandez-Vicenti
afvaiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx