From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jim Essinger
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 4:14 PM
To: pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PCTECH] Windows file type settings confusion

Hello all,

I have M$ XP Pro on my pc with all service packs and updates.  I have tried
to change the folder options > file types to have .txt type files open with
NoteTab Pro.  I have had this work before, but recently reloaded my XP and
all programs.  What it is doing is showing the .txt file types with a
NotePad icon, but when I double click on the .txt file, I get NoteTab Pro
starting up.  What does not happen is - the .txt file I double clicked on is
not loaded into NoteTab Pro.  No file gets loaded at all.

I can drag the .txt file to NoteTab Pro, and drop it on the open program,
and the file is opened.  I can right click on the .txt file and use the
"Send to" option to send to NoteTab Pro, and it starts NoteTab and opens the
.txt file.

Any thoughts on where the problem exists and how to make it work correctly??

Thanks!

Jim

--
Jim Essinger