You pay extra for Gold Support, and it entitles you to speak to somebody
in the US, at the very least. Plus, they have a parts depot in Bensenville
and hardware support techs that can come on site to fix things.

I had a casters up machine last spring. I called Dell at 5 or 6 AM and got
routed to India. After being transferred a couple of times and getting the
same scripted evaluation process, I said "You can see that I am covered by
Gold Support. I want to talk to somebody in Round Rock, TX right f__ing
now." A couple of clicks later, I hear "Howdy" in a Texas accent. A few
minutes later, the tech told me that the problem was one of 2 things, and
that he had sent a dispatch order for the parts, and that the tech would
be knocking on my door before 11 AM. The parts showed up by courier 45
minutes later, and the tech showed up at 9:45. Since he had a new
motherboard and a new power supply, he installed both. He said his
paperwork would be easier that way.