I need to dial into an iSeries (its not on the Internet). I dial out with my PC's internal modem.

If I use Vonage then I suppose I would be dialing out with my PC modem, which would be wired to my house phone wiring. That in turn would be wired to the telephone adapter on my broadband modem?

David Gibbs wrote:
*** I'M CROSS POSTING THIS TO PCTECH, LET'S MOVE THE THREAD OVER THERE ***

Booth Martin wrote:
So, the modem in my PC would be connected to the new system, and then I can use the dial-up to dial into other computers, right? I need to dial up an AS/400 from time to time.

I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to here... Vonage VOIP is only
for broadband.

I'm not 100% sure you could use a dialup modem on it ... although I
suspect it would work.

Is Vonage the only VOIP? Is this the best?  Who else uses what?

There are a few out there ...

DSLReports.com has a list at
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,6630976~root=voip~mode=flat

There's also Skype ... but that's mainly PC based.

david