From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:49 AM
To: 'PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users'
Subject: [PCTECH] Home network problem

Regarding the home network problem I posted about last week (where my Dell
XP Pro can't see and/or share with others):

I made some headway.  I removed Zone Alarm and did a repair of Win XP from
the CD.

Other PCs still don't see the Dell and the Dell doesn't see any other PCs
when I fully expand My Network Places.

*BUT*, if I do a 'search for computers' then the Dell can find each of the
others individually, and each of the others can find the Dell.  I have also
successfully installed the Dell's printer onto the other PCs and printed.

I can't set up WINS because I don't have a server operating system.  Is this
as far as I can go?  I still think that when I expand My Network Places, the
Dell should see and be seen.  Am I right?

Thanks.