From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 4:31 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Problem with Windows XP halting at startup...

On 11/21/05, Chuck Lewis <chuck.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nothing like diagnosing the problem over the phone with a novice, rather
> then in person :-)

My credo: Never, NEVer, NEVER attempt to diagnose any but the *simplest* of
PC problems over the phone. If it gets more complex than "Is it plugged
in?", usually I just say I have to see it.

So I stick my Knoppix CD in and as usual I can see the drive just fine,
> Windows SUCKS, and on we go.

Ya know, my eldest (16) started making "Windows Sucks" an all-too-common
expression in our household, and our second eldest (14) was starting to pick
up on it. So, I "firmly" recommended he
find another way of expressing his angst for Windoze. So, now it's "Windows
Vacuums". I love it; it's fast becoming part of my lexicon.

- Dan