(repost with correct subject)

Can you use a KVM as a splitter?

Here's what I want:

Room 1: Some computers, monitor

Room 2: Some computers, monitor

I would like to have two KVMs in room two.  The first selects the
computer in that room.  The second then selects whether the signal goes
to the local monitor or to a 15' cable leading to the other room.  In
the other room, the cable then connects to the KVM along with the other
computers in that room.

This way, I can be in Room 1 and see the currently selected box in Room
2, or I can walk over to Room 2 and first switch over to the local
monitor, and then switch between the boxes in Room 2 using the local
monitor.  When I leave Room 2, I simply switch back to the inter-room
cable.

Comp1   --+    (Room1)       (Room 2)              +--- Comp3

Comp2   --+- KVM1 +------|--------+ KVM2 +--+ KVM3 +--- Comp4

Monitor1 ------+           Monitor2 --+            +--- Comp5

KVM3 can be switched between Comps 3, 4 and 5.  KVM2 can switch the
output of KVM3 to either Monitor2 or to KVM1.  KVM1 can switch Monitor1
to either Comp1 or Comp2, or the output of KVM3 (if KVM2 is set
correctly).

If this worked, I could start with manual switches, but eventually I
could replace the switches in Room 2 with remotely controlled KVMs and
be able to view all of the boxes from Room 1.

Joe