I'm still bashing my head over the RAID question, though.  RAID 5 is a
better price/performance than RAID 1, and according to IBM, RAID 5
actually tends to outperform RAID 1 due to number of spindles.  So, for
instance, where I to use five 36GB drives ($1500) to create a 146GB RAID
5 array, this would theoretically outperform a two mirrored (RAID 1)
146GB drives ($2000).

More hitches: throw in an extra drive and you get RAID 5E (which has
already been superseded by RAID 5EE).  Better performance, but slower
rebuild time and you lose a drive.  So now the question is this: does a
five-drive RAID 5EE array (108 GB) perform better or worse than a
six-drive RAID 10 array?

Does a four-drive RAID 5EE array outperform a four-drive RAID 10 array?
Does a six-drive RAID 5EE array of 36GB drives ($1800) outperform a
four-drive RAID 10 array of 73GB drives ($2000)?

Kill me now.

Joe