I think you're right that the 256MB was a typo on the part of Dealtime,
which is where I first saw the 7K listed.  I've since found an excellent
summary of IBM RAID cards here:

http://tinyurl.com/9w5h7

Simply outstanding.  Anyway, according to this, all of the newer
ServeRAID cards are either Ultra160 or Ultra320 (except for the 7t,
which is a SATA card, and the 8i, which is a SAS card).

I'm not looking at non-IBM cards; I'm really looking for a completely
prebuilt system from IBM.  They have a great program which allows me to
get a great deal on the machine.

Joe