Hi Joe,

I've been using eTrust Anti Virus for years.  I like it very much.  I've
replaced many other antivirus installs when they either cause the
machine to hang or don't catch the virus/trojen/worm or just slow the
machine down.  Everyone likes eTrust because once you install it
you don't need to worry any more.  It takes care of itself.  I set them
up to download every day.  They have updates 5 days a week.  I
actually prefer an older version of the software (ver. 6.3.0.9)  I get
viruses every day.  You have a choice of letting it take care of the
virus without your knowing about it or you can configure it to show
you when you get a virus.  It never locks up the machine.  If you feel
like it you can schedule a scan of your machine any day of the week
any hour of the day or never.  I very rarely scan my machines.
When you scan a machine you can continue working just as you
always do.  It won't slow you down.  It runs just fine in the
backround.   You can get the first year free at:
http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/

Comments below...

On 11 Sep 2005 at 8:23, Joe (Joe Pluta <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented about
[PCTECH] Anti-Virus:

> Snip <
>
> If AVG is willing to stick this kind of malware in their software, how
> can I trust them for anything else?
>
> So, time for the opinion poll: who's got the best A/V software out
> there?  Is there a worthwhile free edition,
eTrust is free for the first year.

> or how much will I have to spend?
After the first year it's $20.00 / year as long as you are current.

> Will it handle multiple machines?
Yes.

> Is it easy to schedule off-hours scans?
Yes.  You can have it run any day of the week, any hour of the day.

> Can I eliminate folders from the scan process?
Yes.

> Anything else you think is appropriate is welcomed.
In the version I run you can configure it (If you like) to save the
signature updates every day so you can copy them to other
machines to update.  That way you don't have to have a machine
connected to the internet and you don't have to have 100 machines
downloading the same file.  Unless you want to of course.

I'm sure someone is going to say why would you need  a machine
that isn't connected to the internet to be updated with the antivirus
every day.  The answer is even though the company policy is not to
bring in an files via CD or diskette to be put on your machine people
do.  And they bring in viruses with them.  And eTrust catches it.  And
it does create a log of them.

You might also like to know I have had it running on a machine with
a Communigate Pro email server for years with no problem.  Stalker
says not to run an antivirus that's not tied into the server because it
causes problems.  The problem with their suggestions is when you
run an antivirus that is tied into the email server it's only protecting
the email.  It's not protecting the rest of the machine.  eTrust
protects the entire machine.

> Joe

Enjoy,

Gary Kuznitz

PS:  I am not affiliated with eTrust or Computer Associates in any
way.  I am just a happy user.

PSS:  If you like I can send you the old version I like better than the
current versions.   NOTE:  Don't get excited folks.  You still need a
license to get it running.