Moved the following private email to the list w/ Gary's permission in post:

On 9/9/05, Gary Kuznitz <docfxit@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I know you want to get VPN running with RD. I have VPN running
> and I am frequently having problems with it. I have found a better
> solution with using the free UltraVNC. If you are not interested
> please delete this and pay no attention. I'm sorry for sending
> something unsolicited. If you would like to try it out let me know and
> I'll help you get it installed with excellent security. The default way it
> gets installed is no security. It comes with a number of ways to
> encrypt the transmission. I am using a private key just like VPN can
> be configured. It lets me control remote machines any where and
> it's much easier to install than VPN and nicer to use than RD. If you
> are interested let me know and I'll help you get it installed. If you like
> you can email me privately or take this back to the list. I don't care.
> I think everyone should know about this great program. I hope you
> don't get mad I emailed you privately.
>
> Gary Kuznitz
>
> PS: I am just a happy user. I don't write the program or know the
> owners of it.

Gary, I certainly took no offense at the private email, and am not sure why
anyone would find this possibly offensive, so I took the liberty of replying
to this in the PCtech thread.

I think it would be great to investigate alternatives to the Microsoft
solution, especially if they solve the issues I'm dealing with. Please send
details.

- Dan