I knew nothing about the alert, just happend to go to the FIrefox site
last nite to cut/paste the URL into an email to a friend (I was suggesting
they ditch IE) and noticed it was at version 1.0.1
I downloaded & installed it (did not do any update function) and now
Help/About says version 1.0.1

...Neil

"Chuck Lewis" <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2005/02/25 13:34

"'PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users'" <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[PCTECH] Mozilla Security Update Confusion

Hi Folks,

Those of you using Mozilla Firefox, there was a security alert issued
today
for domain spoofing and it says to got to mozilla.org for an update to
1.01.
Well I went into Option in Mozilla and it is set to automatically check
for
updates. I told it to do it now and it found one a downloaded it. But
according the article that warned of this:

"The open-source project released Firefox 1.0.1 to fix, among other bugs,
vulnerability <http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5566517.html?tag=nl>  in
the Internationalized Domain Names (IDN), a standard
<
http://dw.com.com/redir?destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.verisign.com%2Fproducts-se

rvices%2Fnaming-and-directory-services%2Fnaming-services%2Finternationalized
-domain-names%2Findex.html&siteId=22&oId=2100-1009-5589693&ontId=1009&lop=nl
.ex>  for handling special character sets in domain names that lets
companies register domain names that appear to be the same in different
languages. "

So when I click on Help in Mozilla and then click on About, why doesn't it
show as 1.01 and not 1.0 ?

I went to mozilla.org and there is NO mention of this even tough they are
quoted in this article.

The link to the article is here:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009-5589693.html?tag=nl.e589

Thanks !