Re: Multiple PC drives - From Weird Dell Windows XP problem

fixed

Even with a single drive, I will partition it. I will set-up one for the os, one or more for programs, and a smaller one for data. I like to do this mostly for the smaller block size(forgot the correct terminology). If a program is 'core' to the operation of the PC, I will install it into the OS drive. Otherwise, it would get installed on a program drive. This same thought can be applied to multiple hardware drives.

A lot of people won't do this because they don't like the hassle of remembering to change the C: to D: when installing stuff. Then you got the software out there that still can't quite understand that a PC can have more than one drive letter.

-- Scott