That's the entire message on the server's side? While perhaps outlook
shouldn't barf on that message, the server shouldn't even have that
message.

It's hard to tell w/out seeing the binary version of that message-id,
but it looks like the message-id has a control character in it. The
MessageID must be made up of only ascii characters between 33 and 126.
Control characters fall outside that range. Do you have a hex editor?
What's the last part of the message in hex?

Now, it could be that it was a valid attempt to send a message that got
interrupted, or it could be an invalid message that's sent, but either
way the server should have discarded the message.

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO
Tech Software